TRACE TRAFFIC ADVISORY!!
The All Progressive Congress (APC) Presidential Mega Rally/Visit of the President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, Federal Republic of Nigeria, His Excellency, President Mohammadu Buhari, GCFR, is scheduled to hold on Monday the 11th February, 2019, in Abeokuta, Ogun State Capital.
In this regard, motorists travelling to Abeokuta for the event and those within and around Abeokuta metropolis are advise to observe and adhere to the following traffic regulations and alternative routes.
* Motorists who have no business in and around MKO Abiola International Stadium, Kuto, especially for the rally are strongly advised to avoid the NNPC bridge up to Kuto axis.
* Motorists entering Abeokuta through Sagamu Interchange-Siun-Kobake expressway should use the diversion through NNPC Junction-Abiola way up to Iyana mortuary to continue their journey.
Between the hours of 10am to 6pm, there shall be a strict restriction of vehicular movement from NNPC Bridge-MKO Abiola International Stadium- June 12 Cultural Centre- kuto – GTB Junction.
* Motorists headed towards GTB Junction through Government House, Isale Igbein, shall be diverted through Omida Market-Ibara Under Bridge-Oke Ilewo-Opic Roundabout/Panseke to continue their journey.
* Motorists are restricted from entering through NUT Junction-Presidential Lodge-Wemby Suites and Vice-Versa. All motorists are enjoined to utilise other adjoining roads within the Ibara Housing Estate.
* The outlined route below shall be RESTRICTED for all public users between the hours of 12pm – 6pm
Governor’s office ARCADE GROUND through presidential boulevard up to JUNE 12 CULTURAL CENTRE – Kuto – GTB junction – PRESIDENTIAL LODGE – MKO ABIOLA INTERNATIONAL STADIUM
* Motorists attending the ralley are required to park at designated parking lots around the MKO Abiola International Stadium, where operatives of TRACE, FRSC and the POLICE Traffic Division would be stationed.
* no vehicles are allowed in or around the stadium mainbowl
* Illegally parked and unauthorised vehicles breaching these restrictions shall be towed to designated yards and impounded.
Nevertheless, pedestrian movement along the deisgnated routes shall be allowed.
Security and Para-Military Agencies will be strategically positioned in and around the MKO Abiola International Stadium, Kuto, traffic routes to ensure and maintain orderliness, while the patrol team of the Army and the QRS will compliment their effort via motorised patrol of the routes.
Many thanks for your cooperation and understanding in this regard.
Cdr. Babatunde Akinbiyi.
For:TRACE Corps Commander/CEO.