Home entertainment Washington announces sending a second aircraft carrier to the Middle East

Washington announces sending a second aircraft carrier to the Middle East

3
0

The United States has announced that it will send a second aircraft carrier to the Middle East, in the context of escalating tension with the Houthis who disrupt navigation in the Red Sea.

A second aircraft carrier

The US Defense Ministry spokesman, Sean Barnell, said in a statement: “The aircraft carrier” Karl Vinson “will join the Harry S aircraft carrier. Truman “in order to” continue strengthening regional stability, deterring any aggression, and protecting the free flow of trade in the region. ” The Pentagon was not exactly the place where these two pregnant women will sail.

But this step comes after the Houthis claimed their responsibility last month for attacks that they said targeted the Harry S Truman aircraft carrier in the Red Sea.

However, Washington, which has been launching raids for weeks against the Houthis, has not confirmed attacks on its holder.

Consequently, many ships that want to reach the Mediterranean from the Indian Ocean must overcome the African continent through the Cape of Good hope.

The US Navy has about ten aircraft carriers. Barnell added that Defense Minister Beit Higseth ordered the sending of “additional swarms and other air assets in the area with the aim of strengthening the capabilities of air defenses.”

200 blows

On Tuesday night, the Houthis announced that three were killed and wounded in American air strikes targeting the Hodeidah Governorate. On March 15, Washington announced a military operation against the Houthis to stop their attacks on ships in the Red Sea and the Gulf of Aden, and the vital marine corridor of global trade.

Washington reported that it had killed a number of senior Houthi officials. US President Donald Trump vowed the Houthis to eliminate them, warning Tehran against continuing support for them. “These strikes against the Houthis were very effective,” said White House spokeswoman Caroline Levitte on Tuesday.

Trump had warned the Houthis and the Iranians on Monday, through his platform “Truth Soshal” that “the following is greater” if the attacks on ships did not stop, and said, “Our attacks will continue until they stop forming a threat to freedom of navigation.”

source

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here